Saturday, December 7, 2013
Revival... of the blog
Hello! I've returned. This poor little blog has been neglected for so long, but I think it's time to bring it back to life. It's a cozy, lazy Saturday... perfect for reflecting, ponderings, and remembrances. Perfect for catching up on our lives. Perhaps we'll need to take it in slow increments so that this post isn't overwhelmingly long.
Our first year in Westmoreland County is behind us. It's been a bit of a blur in some ways - mostly due to the fact that I was teaching full time, adjusting to a new community and church family, AND fixing up a house in the process! It's a year I wouldn't want to repeat, but we surely made a lot of memories. Life began taking on a bit of "normalcy" this summer... so that's where this documenting process begins.
SUMMER 2013 included:
I was trying to garden on my own for the very first time, and it was a discouraging battle against the deer. They destroyed everything in sight, even with all the little deterrent tricks we tried.
We have since decided that perhaps square foot gardening is the answer to a few of our problems. I got a beautiful crop of green beans, and my strawberries look like they will survive till spring. Are you familiar with this way of gardening?
Throughout the summer we made various improvements to the house, the largest of which was replacing the shingles on the roof. We were extremely grateful for the men who came to help. Of course, we had to pick one of the warmest Saturdays. :(
We enjoyed spending a weekend at Raystown Lake with Dustin's family, and Cameron. Our cabins...
View from our front porch
Boating was the highlight of the weekend!
The summer included various other trips, projects, and events. Somehow, they just failed to get documented. :( And before we knew it... we were back in school!
This year I am a part-time assistant, and music teacher. I'm enjoying having more time at home work on projects. Projects that will soon be posted! Stay tuned!!
And happy Saturday. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Can't wait to see...
ReplyDeleteYay! She posted!!! You go, sis! ~ Cathy
ReplyDelete